Sunday, November 26, 2017

Day 26 - Riding Pet Peeve

Day 26- Biggest riding pet peeve



From Clover Ledge Farm

Hmm, let's see.

Probably my biggest pet peeve is trail etiquette. I dealt with it directly during the hunter pace. Basically, if you are riding in a group, and another group of riders is obviously choosing a faster pace than you are, let them pass as early as possible. It's not fair to anyone to just mosey along and never acknowledge the people trailing behind you.

I haven't seen this with endurance riders. Their goal is to move down the trail and get back to camp as safely and sanely as possible.

I have not seen the same courtesy in the hunter pace and it's really annoying.

That's my biggest thing. I haven't really been super involved in enough disciplines lately other than those to have any other pet peeves. I'm pretty far removed from the irritating side of horse ownership and showing. Yay horses at home!

No comments:

Post a Comment