Friday, April 12, 2019

It's Brighton Weekend!

I'm nearly, but not completely packed. My mind is on a hundred different topics ranging from when to leave on my cross country road trip with Gwyn, to how to fit in a couple of shows in May, to finding boarding in Washington and how the hell I'm going to sell a ton of stuff here and how to organize yard sales...

You get the idea. On anything but prepping for this trip.

I need this weekend with no cell/internet service, with my horse friends.

And in a bittersweet kind of way, Brighton was the first Michigan distance ride I went to and will be my final one here. Of everything in Michigan, I'm going to miss the GLDRAMI and UMECRA people the most.

Gwyn is definitely ready for our 15 miles. She's done up to 10 so far with energy for more. The weather on Sunday when I ride is going to be cold and rainy. While not ideal for humans, it'll be good for her drafty self. And I'm packed for every weather option in the world (70s high today, 40s and rainy Sunday and everything in between).

I've got all my blankets because ride managers coordinated to have a washing service pick up today and return on Sunday. It should be a good weekend.

Just don't let me forget my girth. It's not with my saddle. Or my saddle. Because neither are in my trailer.

If you have the time, I'll be volunteering Saturday as the timer, and other wise I'm at H10 campsite in the horse camping loop. Come visit :) We love having spectators.

1 comment:

  1. Have fun, ride safe, and take lots of pictures <3 Take in every moment.

    ReplyDelete