Sunday, July 1, 2018

Not much to report here. The weather cooled off last weekend which was nice and we got a ton of work done clearing the back fence line, only for me to not realize that there was poison ivy EVERYWHERE.

It's all over my face and arms. I am lopsided, lumpy and above all, itchy in all the places. The doctor recommended that I stay cool and not overheat, and that advice came just as our heat returned. So yay. This lunging session occurred right before the poison ivy breakout. I had a couple spots on my wrist but didn't realize what it was yet.

I did get some new lunging equipment to try out, which is fantastic. I started out with a warm up walk on the hill, with no tension on the side reins. I know hill work will be great for her SI and wanted this to be as low impact as possible.




I found these side reins and I really like the idea of them. You create a 'V' and the contact point on their mouth slides so it's easier to reach into contact and more like hands. I also got a new lunging surcingle and lunge line because my old stuff was falling apart. I also snagged a surcingle pad but in retrospect it made what was already limited in size barely fit Gwyn. Oops.

The side reins I had to look up online how to attach because it was not intuitive. I figured I'd take photos so I could reference them for later.

After hill warmup I moved to the arena and added contact in the side reins. She was tripping a bit in here and on the hill but I think it was because her feet were in terrible shape. Good news, the farrier was out on Saturday and she now has shoes (and bell boots). I'm hoping she'll be moving better. And I'm hoping to get back to riding once this damn rash dies down. One more day of prednisone... These videos are after two doses of adequan. I still need to do this week's dose for her. Probably tomorrow.







That's all, not much to report except for a couple of product review videos I made for the hell of it but won't put in this post.

3 comments:

  1. Heal up fast!!! Poison ivy is the pits

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm working on it! It's under my boobs, on my waist, a bit on my underwear line on my leg, all over my forearms and the left side of my face. I've been slathering myself in calamine all weekend long. And ice packs under the boobs. So many ice packs.

      Delete
  2. Oh gosh! Poison ivy sucks! I hope you get better soon!

    ReplyDelete