Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Show Prep

I swear I have never been this anxious for ride times to be posted before a show. Is this what being an adult and needing to schedule adult things on top of showing is like? It sucks.


I did go and buy two more sun shirts from Riding Warehouse though with my green bean code (Not sharing, that's not fair) because they had the plus size Kerrits ones in their new spring colors which has PURPLE. I resisted getting the purple competitors koat since they didn't have the size I'd need in that color. Just in that pretty slate blue.

I will be purpled out.

Of course, my grand plan to have this sun shirt for Sunday ($5 for 2 day shipping since I'm spending enough) will be for naught as it's supposed to rain.

BOOOOO.


Last night I did go out and continue shedding Gwyn. She's to the point where you can't tell that I clipped her. She's mostly in just her summer coat but there are spots where if you curry enough the winter coat just pops up. She's nice and shiny though. She'll shine right up with a bath and some elbow grease on Saturday. I also trimmed up her mane roach and it looks on purpose now. Then I had to go in and shower because clipped horse mane just gets everywhere and makes you itchy.

I'm going to practice our dressage test tomorrow since that's my day off and probably clean tack. I also need to dig out and probably clean a non-purple/brightly colored saddle pad for dressage. And find my armband.

I'm also making a fly bonnet for Gwyn. I'm using the oversize instructions in the pattern from The Printable Pony and I'm kind of wondering if I should frog it and do the horse size. There is a LOT of material that will be going in between her ears... But it's in rainbow, so it will be amazing. I have some tie dye rainbow bandana fabric I can use for her ears. I'm hoping it'll be done before Sunday. I'm making good progress despite the 2 year old unwinding nearly all my yarn!

Taking a nap

6 comments:

  1. For the fly bonnet, measure between her ears and adjust the number of stitches in row 4 and above accordingly to get close to that measurement. That is the bonus for DIY which is a truly custom fit. I am Printable Pony’s mom and crochet designer, so I know whereof I speak.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'll do that tonight! I'm not so far into it that frogging would be devastating to my progress, lol.

      Also, I am a youtube video taught crocheter and those instructions are perfect. Thanks for a great pattern!

      Delete
    2. YouTube is a crafters best friend. Glad you like the pattern so far.

      Delete
  2. oh man, all those fun little details and preparations leading up to a show are my FAVE! all that positive anticipation and the fizzy bubbling nerves haha.... have fun getting everything ready, and make sure to take lots of pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the getting ready part! It's reminding me of my Pony Club rally days and I love that I'm back to it finally!

      I'll have my helmet cam at the very least. The one person I tried to tempt to come photograph for me ended up deciding to go to a car rally that day instead after agreeing to help me out. The husband will be with both kids so wrangling them and photos is not gonna happen.

      The downside to parenting and showing!

      Delete
  3. I hope the rain stays away for you. All the prep is a fun style of stressful although I can’t imagine wrangling two kids while doing it. One is plenty of distraction for me

    ReplyDelete