Friday, May 18, 2018

Ride Times are Posted!

Okay phew! I can finally start to plan out my Sunday!

The show is running the higher levels first so I basically don't have a ridiculously early show time. Dressage is at leisurely Noon, and cross country is at 1:48pm.



Hopefully I won't have a work sample come in Saturday which would require a 4 hour Sunday window since I'm on call this weekend. I can fudge things though by making sure any Friday samples are started later, then go in later on Saturday as well and if samples come in I can go in later on Sunday too. I can make it work! (started this post on Thursday, samples did come in today, they were started at 4pm so that's good. I can easily work with that)

On the 16th I got out to ride and school the dressage test. I kept this ride short mainly because I wanted the cantering to be very positive and it was!



Nicely trimmed roached mane

I probably spent as much time moving jumps out of the way as I did riding.

My dated (2011) whinny whidgets test book reminded me of my dressage court and I had the printed out test.
We walked through the test first so I could figure out the pattern of 20m circles because they tend to be mirrored in some way. Then we ran through it twice. I carried a dressage whip with me and I think it really made a difference in helping Gwyn keep the canter. She was almost too slow in her trot but she wasn't giraffing either which was nice. I think as long as we stay in the dressage arena I'll be happy with our efforts. I'm not too concerned about jumping. They'll be tiny, we can trot them all and we've schooled there before. She was fit enough to trot the 15 miles so we'll be fine with way less plus some jumps.

All of that and I have a going away picnic thing for a friend after the show that I need to fit in. I'll likely just be late for that. Of course, early Friday morning I wake up super super sick. I should be fine by Sunday, but oh boy, that's cutting it close. I spent most of today lying in bed with emergency trips to the toilet and my bucket. It was tiring to sit on a folding chair in the garage and watch the kids play before dinner. At least I'm starting to eat solids though, that's a good sign.

Yesterday my new stuff arrived and I'm super excited it got here in time!

I'm a little frustrated that despite providing measurements some stuff is still too big, specifically for Saffron.

A halter that finally fits.

New halter for Saffron. After I took this photo I remembered that I could still adjust the crown so now it fits her better.

The mule bridle is still too large, even on the tighest settings. It can be adjusted with hole punches but still. I PROVIDED MEASUREMENTS. ARGH. I feel like they second guess me because I provided measurements the first time with Gwyn too and things came too small. 

I did get new stirrup leathers for endurance so we'll be rocking the purple. My thorowgood leathers will be used for more formal things.

New Kerrits sun shirts in purple!

I didn't realize but I have a lot of sun shirts. Two long sleeve (teal and purple) and 4 short sleeve (one purple, three white). I think I'll be set! LOL


Most excitingly, I received an email asking for my availability to be a jump judge at WEG in September and I am SO COMMITTING TO IT.  Waiting to hear back from the eventing volunteer coordinator. WOOOOOOO  That'll be a road trip to Tryon for sure!

5 comments:

  1. Good luck at your show and I hope you feel better. Please let me know when you will be at WEG. I got a request to be a show jumping scribe for eventing so I’m on the schedule for at least one day. We have to meet up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm assuming you were emailed by Shelley? Did she get back to you after you confirmed availability? I responded with a yes and filled out my volunteer profile (and paid for the uniform) so I'm just waiting with baited breath for a response, lol.

      But yes, we definitely NEED to meet up if I go. I've already got the go ahead from my boss to take the week off and the husband that he'll deal as a solo dad while I'm gone.

      Delete
    2. No I got a text from Annie who is in charge of the shownjumping portion. I’ve worked with her a few times including as a scribe at the WEG test event so she reached out and asked me if I wanted to do it. Of course I said yes!! I live only 1 hour away from TIEC so we will get together some way or another when you come!

      Delete
  2. Those are my kind of ride times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am super stoked that I won't have to be up super early, lol. Plus it's only a 15 minute drive away, so it's just amazingly perfect.

      Delete