Thursday, May 3, 2018

Finally getting my act together

They share dinner. 


As it's coming up on the anniversary of getting Gwyn and her birthday, I finally bit the bullet and figured out exactly what I needed to do to get her registered with the appropriate places. She's primarily a Stonewall Sporthorse but can also be registered as a Friesian Heritage Horse and a Friesian Sporthorse. My first priority is Stonewall since her dam was very beloved by the founders and I feel I owe it to them to have her be officially in the books. 

They ended up waiving fees (I'll likely donate to their associated charity Access Adventure instead) because Cheri had helped them out so much in the early years.

Anyway, I needed to take photos to submit with the paperwork and thought I'd share them here. They're a good conditioning documentation as well.


I really need to submit her to UC Davis for color genetics testing just to see what the hell she is exactly. The current theory is that she's actually a color shifted Black (EE/aa/nLP)

4 comments:

  1. Color genetics are so interesting, but sorta make my eyes bleed too. She is looking really good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Appaloosa genetics are even more complicated on top of just regular genetics too! Especially since not all of the pattern modifiers have been identified. I'm a member of the Appaloosa Project which is run by a geneticist at UC Davis and they are still discovering the genes and updating the research.

      Delete
  2. the pictures turned out nicely!

    ReplyDelete