Wednesday, May 12, 2021

Happy Birthday Gwyn! (Yesterday)

 Gwyn turned 15 yesterday. Happy Birthday to her! 

The horse in harness is Stella, Gwyn's dam. The one being ridden is Blanche

This is from the weekend where I used my new brushes on her and she gleeeamed in the setting sun

Peep Henny photobombing in the background

I made sure to get out to the barn to say Happy Birthday but also because I needed the chill alone time. I sat in her pasture while she begged for chin scratches because she's still shedding in many places. Then I took her up to the belly high grass while I had my zoom call for the EDRA board meeting and got eaten alive by noseeums. It was a nice night where I could just forget all the shit that's going on in the rest of my life. 

But it did let me ground myself enough to talk about shit with Erica and that combined with my emergency call with my therapist that afternoon helped immensely.  I have my routine therapy this morning (in 20 minutes) so hopefully coping improves. Plus I'm planning on ditching work early tomorrow for another conditioning ride at Lord Hill.

Anyway, happy birthday Goober. It's also almost your gotcha day too!

2 comments: