Monday, December 4, 2023

Family Holiday Photos

 As a general PSA. If you plan to do family photos with both children and animals, you are either going to have a good looking animal, or 'normal' looking kids. Not both.

That being said. I love all of these photos. Especially the professional ones. 
 A mini Gwyn!
I signed up for a photography mini session to support Cortney's drill team and took the whole family including Gwyn to be in the photos. I don't plan to send out holiday cards but I do love having the family photos.

I brought the reindeer antlers, did a cursory groom of Gwyn who tends to stay pretty clean on her own, mainly just picked the shavings out of her tail, and the location provided the backdrop and the wreath that Gwyn wore as well as a mini horse. 


Kaylee discovered the struggles of a selfie with a horse

On to the professional shots! I would hope it goes without saying, but these were all purchased!


I love how her head is cocked to the side.

Gwyn is usually so unflappable that the photographer, Cortney and the third assistant really had to work to get Gwyn to even look remotely curious. The trick was trotting the mini back and forth WHILE crinkling the candy cane bucket.





We brought the mini in for photos too and Gwyn was curious, but also very much "I AM IN CHARGE"
I'm laughing because in between shots Gwyn was trying to bite his face.


Then we did a few without Gwyn, who didn't care because I kept her happy by letting her eat a ton of hay.







It was a long day for a short photography session. We drove pretty far south to support them but I feel like it was worth it to both get the photos and support Cortney. 

The mountain gets bigger when you go south though. So gorgeous!




1 comment: