Sunday, March 8, 2015

March 2: Goodbyes to Gwyn


Kaylee walked up to Gwyn and patted her on the nose and said "I love you too."


Gwyn was confused as to why she had her hay occupied by the tiny human.





This was a hard visit for me. I'd been keeping my emotions in check while around other people for a few weeks but as soon as I walked in to hand my board checks to George I just lost it and started crying. It was rough. And then I stood in the stall with Gwyn while she ate dinner and cried more.

Deep down I know that I'm not leaving her forever, she's coming eventually, but I felt like I was leaving the best community of people I'd ever come across. Shadow's has been amazing. I don't think I'll ever find a place that compares. 

I went out March 3rd as well, the day before our flight to Michigan and gave Gwyn a last grooming from me. Not so many tears and I got to say goodbye to Dani too.

No comments:

Post a Comment