Thursday, May 7, 2015

Evening Ride

Yesterday I kept Kaylee home from school so she could sleep. The kid has been coughing lately and it's keeping her up at night. She was sound asleep when my alarm went off and I figured it was better to have a healing child with no horse time than a grumpy toddler and still ride. Instead Eric let me head out to the barn once he got home.

I was hoping that other boarders would be there so I could meet and socialize but no such luck, despite me being there from 5 to 7 pm. After the shenanigans from the day before I made sure to lunge, but Gwyn was being really good, and even had a genuine canter instead of her crazy canter/hand gallop she likes to do on the lunge line. I hope this means that she's building the right sort of muscling to help her with it.

I didn't have much time to ride because I promised I'd be back in time to put Kaylee to bed but we did a lot of schooling work in the arena, as the gps map shows.

The weather was lovely, sunny and a little humid but 70 so I was in a tank top and after a half hour of lunging and riding Gwyn was sweaty. 

Gwyn was falling asleep.

Happy mareface has dinner




No comments:

Post a Comment