Thursday, January 22, 2015

Tuesday after a windstorm


On Tuesday, my daughter and husband were both home sick so I went and did my tuesday thing anyway. They watched a ton of Magic School Bus, so I think they had a great time. It was nice to not be under a time crunch. I started by lunging Gwyn, then since it was a gorgeous day, immediately set out on the path around the barn property. I was stopped by George Sr. and warned that the shelter had finally completely collapsed in the most recent windstorm over the weekend and he doubted that I would be able to make it all the way around. He hadn't been out to check yet, so I promised I'd take pictures for him. 

The sun was shining and it was pleasantly warm.



The path was definitely blocked. Gwyn had no issues approaching it and didn't seem at all concerned by the change in state. 



We turned around and back tracked.

Then came back the other side. It was a nap in the sun kind of day.


We approached from the other side of the blockage, effectively doing 2 circuits around the perimeter!

Then Gwyn and I braved the roads and explored the cul de sac. She did a really good job, no spooking. She was on alert, but I didn't feel like we were going to have a bad reaction at any point. 

Proud mare face.

And have some expressive Gwyn nose twitching. Sorry for the vertical video, it seemed like a good way to include everything I wanted.

No comments:

Post a Comment