Thursday, November 30, 2017

Day 30 - My Future with Horses


Day 30- Your future with horses


From Clover Ledge Farm

Husband willing (no seriously) I will be at least around horses forever. My plan is to keep Gwyn forever, finances willing, even through retirement. If we've got the means once she's retired, I'd like to get another Standardbred for riding. I don't know when that will be, hopefully not for at least another 10 years.  Gwyn is young, she's got lots of years ahead of her if she's treated right and I fully intend to be there for all of them and give her that quality of care. There's no reason (for now) that she can't be ridden for at least another 15 years.

My goal for Gwyn is to have her be that horse you look at in the pasture and go THAT horse is 30?!?!?!

I want that. I think we can do it. I want that mare to give pony rides to my grandkids.

Luff you, snozz face
For myself, I want to be like Jane, the woman who fostered my love for horses. She was in her 70s and dragging hay bales around. I want to have 40+ more years of horses in my life. Whether that's always going to be with having horses on my own property is up in the air, especially if we move back to Washington. But I want there to always be horses.

1 comment:

  1. I am with you! I always plan to have horses in my life. Thank you so much for writing every day! It was great to get to know you and find your blog. I look forward to reading more! :-)

    PS- I will post a badge to add to your blog if you'd like to!

    ReplyDelete