Sunday, November 12, 2017

Day 12 - Favorite Coat Color

Day 12- Favorite horse color



From Clover Ledge Farm

There are five different colors of spots on this mare. Also, she camoflages mud easily.
Love me that bright bay tho...
Despite having a very uniquely colored horse now, I'm a HUGE fan of a good bright bay. Honestly, I like most coat color and it'd be a shorter list to write out which coat color I'm not a fan of (Buckskin, chestnut and Gray, though I'd be a fan of gray if they stayed that fun dappled gray but they all go white in the end)

What has been fun is learning about coat color genetics. Appaloosa is funky, splash can get you a dead foal, gray is dominant and sorrel and chestnut are the same don't even try that here.

Sorry, I really can't wax poetical on coat color. This is all you get. I'm going back to making my brilliantly orange quarter sheet for hunting season riding.


No comments:

Post a Comment