Saturday, February 3, 2024

New Years Day 2024 Trail Ride

Now that it's already February, I probably should get this out of drafts...
I like to start each new year with at minimum, a ride, preferably a trail ride. Last year was Bridle Trails with Cortney and friends. This year, Lake Washington Saddle Club was hosting an event at the park complete with a raffle for a state park pass for the year, coffee, hot chocolate and carrots. 
Mandy had asked if anyone was going and since I'm still vet approved to go to Bridle Trails, that had been my plan anyway, so I was more than happy to offer a ride to her!
Gwyn, apparently, had other plans when I arrived. To be fair, I had pulled in and then done nothing to come and get her and I think she thought I must have forgotten about her. 

The sassiness didn't last long and before long we were on the road to the park! It was packed full of trailers and they had park rangers assisting with fitting everyone in and making sure that people in just cars didn't take up space a horse trailer could use. 



We checked in with the Lake Washington Saddle Club folks. They were tracking who made the loop in the park for the raffle.
They also had hot chocolate and coffee for participants! We got some lovely compliments on our ponies and then we were off on the trail!
I took advantage of both the hot chocolate AND the coffee and made a mocha, which was lovely. Gwyn was relaxed and happy and it was easy enough to be on a one handed loose rein while we walked the trails.



Going in the holographic bridle may become a thing for the New Year.



Finn was on his best behavior and Gwyn was a great babysitter for him. 




















Finn was tired by the time we finished while Gwyn was still raring to go. 
I did bring a lead rope just in case Finn needed help. He didn't! Good boy!




No comments:

Post a Comment