Tuesday, October 20, 2020

Holo Tack and I'm Not Even Sorry

Cortney sent me a link to an online tack shop that was taking orders for holographic tack sets. I threw caution to the wind and signed up with a half down payment. #worthit
They arrived the day before my birthday. I.E. right on time

I told Erica not to bother with a birthday present. I had it taken care of.
"Mom.... why. I don't need bell boots"

"Dere is carrots here. I eat them"

This is actually the second use of them. I took them with me camping (post ... eventually) and used them for my birthday trail ride. That... I do not recommend. The pad is literally covered in plastic holo material and doesn't breathe. Poor Gwyn. It's fine for 20 minutes of toodling and working at the walk in cool weather though.  But also would not hold up to daily use. B/C plastic.  The underside is decent and at least looks like a quality base for a pad.

The bridle is leather with the plastic holo material on top. It's not something I'll want to take apart often (again... plastic) so I'm looking to buy another bit that will live on it semi-permanently. That being said, I need like... two more so I don't have to continually switch bits around on my bridles.

Centaur Selfie!


I actually rode with other people! And they took pictures of us because you always need to pose with new tack, lol

Everyone was trying very hard to get Gwyn to prick her ears forward. Miss Gwyn is well... ah... desensitized to most things.


Unless you throw sand.
"WHAT DA HECK?"
And then she looks offended.



We got some good images though!
And someone has strung christmas lights on the outdoor arena fence, which adds just enough light with the covered arena lights to flat school outside.



Arenas at night


I'll still bring it to trail rides because at the VERY least it'll be good as a signal flare



 

2 comments:

  1. Giving Stacie a run for her money lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw her holo post too! Hers is much more... refined XD

      Delete