Thursday, May 16, 2019

Finalizing Details

I'm posting this again as an update now that I have reservations.  Eep!  So Bloggers, if I'm passing through, let me know and we can try and manage a lunch or dinner meetup!

Stop 1 May 30: 
Winds Reach Farm in Iowa City, IA  None of the original places on my list got back to me so I had to make an alternate route
Humans in Clarion Hotel Highlander in Iowa City

Stop 2 May 31:
Hobby Horse Overnight Stables in Mitchell, SD
Humans at Kelly Inn and Suites

Stop 3 June 1: W/D Hossienda in Sheridan WY
Humans at Days Inn by Wyndham

Stop 4 June 2: Rugg's Outfitting in Superior, MT. Humans will be staying at a cabin on site.

Arrival in WA with time to watch animals settle, plus a day to watch them settle.

Not much riding has been going on. My pastures look fantastic right now so the animals are mostly happy, unless they're in my spring pasture and then Saffron has realized my solar charger isn't charging the fence and escapes multiple times a day. They're getting loved on still, and we're really getting the property ready for market. It looks FANTASTIC. 

Tore out the path to the barn, laid down weed fabric

MOVED A LOT OF ROCK


Got free woodchips!

Saffron, you don't belong there


Re did the step off of the deck and the small walkway to the door to the garage. All of the pavers were already there, hidden under grass and dirt. And now there isn't a giant step down from the deck.

Sandbagged my mother in law's seawall on the St. Clair River on Mother's Day. Water levels are still projected to rise another 8 inches

Ask me how thrilled I was do this on MD... Also, those sandbags absolutely destroyed my nails.

This used to be ALL manure. Scraped it away and will woodchip.

Next is to revamp the path up the arena. I'm moving the old carpet as a weedblocker and will lay woodchips on top.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with getting everything ready!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw sadly I won't see you as I'm on the west coast! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete